The bipolar weather is back. One day it’s sunny and the next day looks like we’re on a set of a post-apocalyptic movie. If you’re one of those people who takes pleasure in the sweater weather, we’re sure that you already have your chips and the entire first season of UnReal downloaded.
Sometimes, our sense of responsibility just flies out the window when the rain starts to hit the ground. But even in these cozy times, we still need to wear our grown up panties/brief/boxers (it’s okay, we don’t judge) and be a functional human being even just for a few minutes. Spend 10 minutes on your homework, five minutes in the shower and three minutes to rearrange the mess in your room so your parents won’t give you a hard time about it. Of course, we can’t forget about the food. Be nice to the delivery guys and cook something yourself.
Here are three comfort foods that you can whip up in the kitchen in less than five minutes. Because we all know that when sweater weather comes, time spent away from bed is time wasted.
Quiche and tell
What you need:
1 large egg
1/8 cup tomatoes
2 tbsp melted butter
1/8 cup chopped bread
Salt and pepper
1.5 tbsp milk
1 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
1 tbsp grated mozzarella cheese
Fresh basil (optional)
1. Crack the egg in the mug and add your milk and melted butter. Add salt and pepper to taste. Whisk away.
2. Add your cheese, chopped bread and tomatoes. Mix it in well.
3. Pop your mug in the oven for 90 seconds in high heat.
4. Garnish with herbs if you want and add more cheese on top.
Mac and cheese be with you
What you need:
1/3 cup pasta
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
3 slices of pepperoni
1. Place your pepperoni on a microwavable plate and pop in the over for one minute.
2. While the pepperoni is cooking, combine the pasta and water in a large mug or bowl. Make sure that the mug or bowl is large enough for the mixture.
3. Pop the pasta and water mixture in the oven after your pepperoni is done cooking. Stir the pasta every two minutes until it’s cooked.
4. When the pasta is done, add the milk and cheeses and stir. Pop it in the microwave for another minute or until the cheeses melt completely.
5. Top it with pepperoni.